VDOT's draft funding recommendations includes regional projects.
In late January, the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) released their draft funding recommendations for SMART SCALE applications. SMART SCALE is a statewide program that intends to distribute funding based on a standard and objective evaluation of projects that will determine how to effectively help the state achieve its transportation goals. In our region, there are six projects which were included in the draft scenario. Later this year, the Commonwealth Transportation Board will consider the projects recommended by staff and select which projects will ultimately receive funding.
The six projects in our region are:
- Amherst County: Segment Improvement on US 60 between Wash. St and Rt. 29
- Bedford County: Blackwater Road (668) at Route 460 Intersection Improvements
- Campbell County: Route 29 Safety Improvements – Northern Section
- Campbell County: Route 29 Safety Improvements – Middle Section
- City of Lynchburg: Candlers Mountain Road Interchange Intersection
- City of Lynchburg: Wards Ferry Rd. & CVCC Campus Drive Roundabout
We are excited for the opportunity to have strong investments in our region’s transportation network! For more information about SMART SCALE, visit the SMART SCALE website.