CVPDC Workers Compensation Program

Our Worker’s Compensation Program provides access to a registered nurse 24/7/365 year to provide immediate medical advice following a workplace incident via a toll-free number. Accident reports and claims are filed on behalf of the employer through this service, helping to reduce claims costs.


  1. If life- or limb-threatening injury only, call 911!! Then report the injury/incident after the employee is stabilized.
  2. Report the accident immediately to your supervisor.
  3. When an injury occurs, the injured employee and/or supervisor should place a call to Company Nurse at 1.888.770.0925, (we are employer V743), a call center staffed by registered nurses 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. The RN will obtain a history of the injury and with the employee determine the best course of action based on the symptoms reported. The RN’s recommendation can range from simple first aid to recommending the employee seek treatment by selecting a panel physician or emergency care. However, the ultimate decision regarding treatment is the employee’s.
    Simultaneously during the call, the nurse gathers all the information necessary to complete the state required first report of injury. Within minutes of the call, a report is sent via secure e-mail to human resources, risk management, and the Worker’s Compensation insurer’s claim staff.
  4. A physician chosen from the PANEL OF PHYSICIANS must be used if medical treatment is needed.
  5. If a panel physician is unavailable at the time of an emergency, an emergency facility may treat you; however, any follow up care must be rendered by the physician chosen by you from the Panel of Physicians.
  6. Your Panel Physician can refer you to a specialist if needed.  You may not choose a specialist yourself.
  7. As Virginia Law requires, (Section 65.2‑603), below is a Panel of Physicians from which you must choose one as your treating physician.  If you do not receive treatment from a Panel Physician, your Workers' Compensation benefits may be terminated and your medical bills will not be paid.  If you sustain a compensable work injury, your Workers' Compensation Administrator will only be responsible for bills from the following:
    1. Panel Physicians
    2. Authorized treating specialist
    3. An emergency facility in a true emergency 

panel of physicians may2019

Print Downloadable PDF

Central Virginia Planning District Commission


828 Main Street, 12th Floor
Lynchburg, VA 24504
(434) 845-3491

CVMPO Central va planning logo web

Members of: VAPDC logo 0619