Office of the Central Virginia Planning District Commission
828 Main Street, 12th Floor
Lynchburg, VA 24504
Large Conference Room | 5:00 pm
1. Welcome | Moment of Silence | Welcome New Member - Robert Hiss, Bedford County Administrator, Kenneth Campbell, Chair
2. Dr. John Capps, President, Central Virginia Community College
3. Meeting Minutes: March 21, 2019 | Attachment
Recommended Action: Approval of minutes as presented.
4. Financial Report | FY2019-2020 CVPDC Work Plan & Budget, CVPDC Staff
FY2019-2020 Budget Overview:
- The PDC portion of the budget is $937,802 in expenses for FY 2019-2020
- There is a 2% performance based pay increase included in the budget
- There is an additional planner position included in this budget at a $50,000 salary and $20,000 travel/support/equipment cost | Attachment
- The 2019-2020 preliminary budget is $62,206 in the red due to this additional position. We sometimes start fiscal years with a deficit and make it up over the course of the year with new projects and contracts.
- Staff estimates a carry-over of 2018-2019 funds to reserves of approximately $39,348
Local contract projects include:
- Amherst County Madison Heights CDBG
- Appomattox Town Meadowlark Neighborhood CDBG
- DEQ Chesapeake Bay Watershed Phase III implementation
- VDEM Hazard Mitigation Plan Update
- Completes the Bedford Town Independence Blvd. intersection study started in 2018-2019
- Continues funding for staff provided technical assistance services to localities for Transportation Alternative Program applications and other activities
Recommended Action: Approval of the 2019-2020 budget and Work Plan and FY2020 Rural Transportation Work Plan
A vacancy occurred on the GO Virginia Board from this area with the resignation of E.W. Tibbs from Centra Health. Tulane Patterson of Generation Solutions was an approved replacement but he has declined the seat.
The Commission is encouraged to identify individuals from our region who may be effective members of the GO Virginia board.
6. Election of Officers for FY2019-2020, Gary Christie, CVPDC
Our officers serve one year terms and can be re-elected. We rotate our officer positons among the elected officials alphabetically by jurisdiction.
Recommended officers based on jurisdiction rotation:
- Chair: Dwayne Tuggle, Mayor, Town of Amherst
- Vice Chair: Bryan Moody, Board of Supervisors, Appomattox
- Treasurer: Sara Carter, Town Manager, Amherst
7. Thanks to Chairman Kenneth Campbell and Treasurer Dean Rodgers from Amherst County for dedicated service in FY2018-2019 | Attachment
8. Other Business
- Staff Updates | Attachment
9. Upcoming Meeting Schedule:
- May 16, 2019 at 5:00 pm - CVPDC Meeting - if needed
- July 18, 2019 at 4:00 pm - CVMPO Meeting
- July 18, 2019 at 5:00 pm - CVPDC Meeting