CVPDC staff uses GIS to perform geospatial analysis by using data layers such as roads, municipal boundaries, population data, income data, infrastructure data, etc. GIS mapping is used in various regional plans and initiatives to help visualize the aforementioned data to the various audiences.
The localities in the CVPDC make parcel data available through their respective GIS viewing portals and includes addresses, owner names, sale dates, sale prices, assessments, and other property detail.
- Amherst GIS: http://amherstgis.timmons.com/
- Appomattox GIS: http://appomattoxgis.timmons.com/
- Bedford GIS: http://webgis.bedfordcountyva.gov/Bedford/Account/Logon
- Campbell GIS: gis.worldviewsolutions.com/Campbell/account/logon
- Lynchburg GIS: https://mapviewer.lynchburgva.gov/ParcelViewer/Account/Logon
VDOT provides real time Traffic Information through the following website: http://www.511virginia.org/